Nude selfies secretary agrees to step down
Malcolm Curtis · 2 Sep 2014, 10:09
Published: 02 Sep 2014 10:09 GMT+02:00
- Woman accuses nude selfies politician of lying (20 Aug 14)
- Politician in nude selfies scandal speaks out (19 Aug 14)
- Politician steps aside over nude selfies scandal (18 Aug 14)
- Government secretary tweets nude ‘selfies’ (07 Aug 14)
The federal parliament services said on Monday that the woman, who was suspended from her position in Bern on August 6th, had reached an agreement with her employer to terminate her work contract.
Reports about the nude selfies of the secretary, who had more than 11,000 followers on Twitter, sparked a media storm, fed further by revelations the woman had made 200 amateur porn films.
The two sides “came to the conclusion that this solution was in the best interests of both parties”, the parliament services said in a statement.
“It would not be possible for the employee to freely pursue her work duties would have been impossible in the wake of the media reports,” the department said.
For the parliament services her continued employment risked further “reputation impairment”.
The woman, reportedly a resident of Fribourg, had previously maintained that the provocative photos she posted were part of her private life and did not conflict with her job.
But the code of conduct for federal employees requires that they be careful even in private life “not to impair the reputation and prestige of the federal government”.
It is not clear what kind of monetary compensation the employee is to receive.
The two sides have agreed not to divulge further information about the affair, parliament services said.