Blowup Jacuzzis pose risk of electrocution
Malcolm Curtis · 24 Feb 2015, 22:48
Published: 25 Feb 2015 07:59 GMT+01:00
Updated: 24 Feb 2015 22:48 GMT+01:00
- Hitler coffee cream pot company faces closure (24 Oct 14)
- Red faces at Migros over Hitler coffee cream pots (22 Oct 14)
- Migros to change name of its 'Cronuts' pastries (21 Oct 13)
- Migros backs off 'bull's penis' dog chew labels (20 Aug 13)
The cooperative group said it was recalling all the MSpa and Wellfun jacuzzis sold at its Do it + Garden Migros outlets since 2012.
Migros said it was responding to safety concerns raised by federal authorities and other European supervisory bodies about the blowup hot tubs.
“The slightest problem could be susceptible to leading to a risk of electrocution,” the retailer said, explaining why it was immediately recalling the defective products.
The jacuzzis being recalled include three rectangular models and one oval one.
Migros urged customers to stop using them.
The merchandiser advised owners of such jacuzzis to unplug them and to empty them of water.
It said that customers who purchased the affected models could return them to the nearest Do it + Garden Migros outlet for a full refund, on presentation of proof of purchase.
Migros said it was no longer selling the jacuzzis.
The types being recalled included:
- Rectangular MSpa Alpine Jacuzzi, sold in 2012, article number 6471.088, serial number 2GBUB
- Rectangular Welfun Oasis Jacuzzi, sold in 2013, article number 6471.088, EAN 7610468371647
- Oval Welfun Elegance Jacuzzi, sold in 2013-14,article number 6471.244, EAN 76104468371630
- Rectangular MSpa Alpine Jacuzzi, article number 6471.088, sold in 2014, with serial numbers beginning with 4AM or 4EM.