Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland
Advertisement

Family saved from suffocating in car on Swiss motorway

Share this article

Family saved from suffocating in car on Swiss motorway
Photo: Lucerne police
09:21 CEST+02:00
A family of four had a lucky escape on Saturday when they suffered from carbon dioxide poisoning whilst driving along a motorway in central Switzerland.
The family had purchased a bottle of CO2 for an aquarium and were travelling home on the A2 motorway near Lucerne just before midday on Saturday, according to Lucerne police.
 
Gas began to leak from the defective bottle and filled the car, causing all four to fall unconscious. 
 
Shortly before the Sonnenberg tunnel the car slowed and came to a halt, then rolled backwards into the fast lane. 
 
For several minutes traffic flowed past the vehicle until someone stopped and saw all four occupants of the car were unconscious. 
 
After the doors were opened, they all gradually came round and were taken to hospital.  
 
The family were very lucky not to have suffocated in the car, said police.
 
According to 20 Minutes the family were from the canton of Obwalden and included two children aged six and ten.
Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

Advertisement

From our sponsors

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jobs
Click here to start your job search
Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement