As of Friday, June 26th, Zurich’s Sommerbäder will be allowed to open without restrictions on maximum attendees.
Previously, the bath operators had implemented a rule requiring 10 square metres per attendee, but this has now been reduced to five.
Patrick Disch, Head of Sports at the City of Bülach, told the Zürich Unterländer that there is still a maximum capacity at each of the baths, but this has not been reached in recent years.
Bathers will however be required to keep a 1.5-metre distance between each other, both in the pools, on the grounds and in the changing rooms.
This will be left up to the personal responsibility of each bather.
People with symptoms of a cold or flu have been told they will not be allowed to attend.
While the baths have been open in a restricted capacity for some time, they quickly hit their maximum occupancy.
This was especially the case in smaller baths such as the Utoquai seaside resort, in the Frauenbadi or in the river baths on the Upper and Lower Letten.
In addition, the barriers at the Katzensee seaside resort and the Au-Höngg river pool will be dismantled from Friday onwards.
For anyone who is concerned about numbers, the ‘Badi Monitor’ site provides updated figures of how many people are at each of Zurich’s major summer baths.