Advertisement

Two Swiss dead in Moroccan bomb attack

Two Swiss dead in Moroccan bomb attack

Two Swiss men from the Italian-speaking area of Switzerland were confirmed among the victims of last week’s bombing in Marrakech, Morocco.

Advertisement

According to the local daily Corriere del Ticino, the two, a 25-year-old Swiss and a 23-year-old Portuguese resident in Switzerland, were traveling in Morocco with two Swiss women, who were also injured in the attack. The four were from Ticino, southern Switzerland, the paper said.

The newspaper said their bodies will be flown back to Switzerland later this week after a commemorating ceremony planned in Morocco for the 16 people who died in the bomb attack. The two injured women returned to Switzerland by air ambulance on Friday and were immediately hospitalized, the paper said.

More

Join the conversation in our comments section below. Share your own views and experience and if you have a question or suggestion for our journalists then email us at [email protected].
Please keep comments civil, constructive and on topic – and make sure to read our terms of use before getting involved.

Please log in to leave a comment.

See Also