Fifth victim dies from Menznau plant shooting
AFP · 5 Apr 2013, 12:48
Published: 05 Apr 2013 12:48 GMT+02:00
- Menznau gunman killed by his pistol, police say (22 Mar 13)
- Family doubts Menznau gunman killed himself (04 Mar 13)
- Menznau shooting spree renews gun law debate (27 Feb 13)
The latest fatality was a 61-year-old man who had been treated in hospital since the February 27th shooting, Lucerne cantonal police said in a statement.
One of the other five people injured in the shooting remained in hospital, it said.
Police have yet to determine why the 42-year-old gunman — a Kosovo-born Swiss citizen — opened fire at the wood panel plant where he worked in Menznau, a community of some 2,600 people near Lucerne.
The shooter himself, the married father of three, died of gunshot wounds on the scene, but police have yet to determine whether he died during a scuffle in the canteen with desperate colleagues or whether he turned the gun on
Police said Friday they were looking into reports that the man had been suffering from mental problems.