Former Australian Open champion Wawrinka dropped to eighth place in the ATP rankings following his second round exit from the Indian Wells tournament won by Djokovic, while Spain’s David Ferrer climbed one place to seventh.
Federer, who lost to Djokovic in the final, remained in second place, well ahead of Spaniard Rafael.
Britain’s Andy Murray was in fourth place, followed by Japan’s Kei Nishikori, while Canadian Milos Raonic took sixth spot.
American John Isner dropped four places to 21st, leaving the United States without a single representative in the world top 20.
1. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 13,205
2. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 9,205
3. Rafael Nadal (Spain) 5,810
4. Andy Murray (Great Britain) 5,695
5. Kei Nishikori (Japan) 5,460
6. Milos Raonic (Canada) 5,160
7. David Ferrer (Spain) 4,580 (+1)
8. Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland) 4,515 (-1)
9. Tomas Berdych (Czech Republic) 4,510
10. Marin Cilic (Croatia) 3,370